masonLogo

S5 Frontpage Display 2

North York Lodge

NYLogoThe North York Lodge, Middlesbrough's oldest Freemasons Lodge held its first meeting on the 14th December 1852, with one of its founder members, George Reade, a past Master of the Zetland Lodge in Guisborough becoming its first Master.
 For the first few years the members of the Lodge held their meetings in an upper room at the Station Hotel (Cleveland Terrace) Middlesbrough.
The Lodge quickly grew, and soon a decision was made to move to new premises.
On 17th May 1860 the foundation stone of the new building was laid, after a grand procession of Masons through the streets of Middlesbrough, by the Deputy Provincial Grand Master of the time, George Marwood.
The new hall took 8 months to build and on the 17th January 1861 it was openened for Masonic purposes.
Over the years the North York Lodge has had many prominent people as members, in fact in the first 50 years no fewer than 17 mayors of the Town have been members of the Lodge.

We moved to our current premises at Roman Road in 1975 when the Hall at Marton Road was demolished to make way for the A66 through Middlesbrough.
Charity: This Lodge, along with the other Lodges of Middlesbrough is always active in raising money for local charities, we hold social evenings, raffles and never pass on the chance to rid our members of some money to go to these deserving causes...
The North york lodge has approx. 52 members and continues to go from strength to strength, it recently celebrated its 150th year and with the help of its members can look forward to the next 150.

Contact Lodge Secretary

North York Meetings

 

 

NAME
NORTH YORK 602
ESTABLISHED
1852
MEETINGS
LAST FRIDAY SEPT-JUNE.7PM 2ND FRI DEC
INSTALLATION
2nd FRI DECEMBER 5:15PM
.

North York Events

No details